Alligator:Go! is a festival for experimental music and art. More than 30 musicians and artists from Munich and other places, cities and countries, that are already connected online, will come together offline for the very first time. From 13th till 15th of August the IMPORT EXPORT’s open air stage offers space for improvised music: electronic music is reinterpreted with medical meters, dulcimer and cello, queer dream-pop and contemporary vocal performance mix up the raucous noise mantra.
Professional musicians and artists who are not tired of learning an experimenting meet up with sound lovers who have just discovered playing and producing together.
The Alligator:Go! festival invites to look beyond one’s own borders and to explore different forms of collectivity and community. What about unlearning daily routines and trying other ways of encounter?
The festival’s programm is full of sonic adventures and there will also be space for visual art. Right next to the IMPORT EXPORT’s open air stage, there will be space for video and sound art installations at the MUCCA hall. not yet from the Munich based group TAM TAM Projekte prepares a modular spatial installation in collaboration with Klaus Erika Dietl and Stephanie Müller from MEDIENDIENST LEISTUNGSHÖLLE: over the course of the festival, it will become a shell for self-built music, a repository for sketchy sound notes, a projection surface for visuals and a streaming interface.
Throughout the festival the artists also want to connect with the surrounding neighbourhoods. Cinema enthusiasts are invited to join a silent pocket cinema walk on Friday the 13th of August (start: 11 pm/ meeting point: festival space). On Saturday the 14th of August people can take part in a sound walk with performances in different public spaces. More information and the possibility to preregister can be found here.
Although there is a huge lust for finally meeting face to face again, the Alligator:Go! Festival still keeps the online space in mind. There will be audiovisual contributions by muscians and artists who live far away in Indonesia and Japan. Furthermore all sound sessions will be streamed live by the Berlin based project and production space Orange ‚Ear. So people who can’t be in Munich can still dive into the sonic spheres of the ALLIGATOR GOZAIMASU collective.
SAFER SPACE POLICY
We’d like to create a space where solidarity comes first and everyone can have a good time. Therefore, we do not tolerate any form of racism, sexism, anti-Semitism or any other form of discrimination or harassment at this event. Together we want to create a space where everyone can feel accepted and respected – no matter what gender identity, skin color, religion, ethnicity or ability. By purchasing a ticket and entering the venue, you agree to our code of conduct. Any violation of the code of conduct will be punished and may lead to exclusion from the event. The ticket price will not be refunded in this case. The code of conduct can be found here. To ensure that all guests and participants can feel comfortable, the non-profit agency Safe the Dance provides a comprehensive safer space policy.
Streaming Timetable below
Friday, Aug. 13th.
7.00pm/Session One/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Masako Ohta (Taishogoto – Japanese harp-like synthesizer, piano) – masako-ohta.de
- Sebastian Giussani (analogue modular synthesizer, percussion) – giussani.de
8.00pm/Session Two/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Lina Zylla (voice loops, electronics) – linazylla.com
- The Hercules And Leo Case (vocal performance) – theherculesandleocase.de
- Nihal Saruhanli (drums, percussion) – nihalsaruhanli.com
9:15pm/Session Three/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Şevket Akıncı (free jazz guitar, electronics) – sevketakinci.com
- Iñaki Rocha Echevarría (sound-controlled overhead visuals, self-built electronic music) – facebook.com/ovumat
- Martin Krejci (electronics, noise) – h-krejci-m.de
- Sarah Ines (voice, acoustic sound objects) – sarah-ines.de
Saturday, Aug. 14th.
2.00pm till 5.30pm/ Sound Walk, Public Space
- Ruslan Boiaryn (electronics, noisy guitar) – instagram.com/zi_skla
- Elisabeth Anna Maria Kaiser (vocal performance) – elisabethannamariakaiser.com
- Helena Hartmann (costume art, vocal performance) – helenahartmann.viewbook.com
- Gemma Meulendijks (cello) – gemmameulendijks.nl
- Martin Krejci aka Institiut für Leistungsabfall und Kontemplation (electronics, noise) – h-krejci-m.de
- Djibril Mbow (djembe) – meet him at the festival space or somewhere nearby
- Anastasiia Romanivna Baran (performance) – instagram.com/zi_skla
- Sarah Ines (beat poetry) – sarah-ines.de
- Nihal Saruhanlı (paper percussion) – nihalsaruhanli.com
7.00pm/Session One/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Thomas Glatz (vocals, guitar, percussion) – thomasglatz.de
- Phoebe Lesch (vocals, acoustic sound objects) – phoebe-lesch.de
- Evegnii Vaslov (drone, electronics) – notumschaltung.com
08.00pm/Session Two/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Gemma Meulendijks (cello, electronics) – gemmameulendijks.nl
- Mucho Pitchu (driving modular synth set-up, saxophone, clarinet) – alligatorgozaimasu.bandcamp.com/track/las-tong
- Tobias Ruhland (improvised music with hammered dulcimer) – facebook.com/mopedtobias77
09.15pm/Session Three/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Nunofyrbeeswax (queerfeminist minimal rock’n’roll/ contemporary dance on drum set) – nunofyrbeeswax.tumblr.com
- Lisa Silveira Caneiro aka Agente Costura (prepared sewing machine, oscillators) – agentecostura.wordpress.com
- Tobias Ruhland (experimental dulcimer pop) – facebook.com/mopedtobias77
Sunday, Aug. 15th.
02.00pm/Session One/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Helena Hartmann (vocals, performance) – helenahartmann.viewbook.com
- Corinna Mattner aka Romy Hood (amplified treadle sewing machine, electronics, vocals) – romyhood.ch
- Stephanie Müller aka Rag Treasure (lawnmower bass harp, amplified herbal soup, vocals) – hoelle.media
- Ángela Muñoz Martínez (percussion, drums) – angelamz.com
- Lisa Simpson aka Agente Costura (percussion, drums) – agentecostura.wordpress.com
06.00pm/Session Two/ OPEN AIR stage, IMPORT EXPORT
- Nicolai Herrmann aka SLEEP WAR KING (electronics, acoustic instruments, vocals) – facebook.com/thesleepwarking
- Cetty Perdichizzi (vocals, piano) – facebook.com/cetty.perdichizzi
- Zi Skla (e-guitar, electronis, vocals, media art) – facebook.com/ffaustf
07:30/Session Three/ EXHIBITION space, MUCCA
- Jo (Glasambel) – orange-ear.de/jo
- Klaus Erika Dietl (bass synthesizer, oscillator) – hoelle.media/en